Dr. Ankita Saxena
Department of Biotechnology
School of Engineering and Technology
Noida International University
- Ph.D. (Biotechnology)- Amity University, Noida,
- Tech (Biotechnology)- Amity University, Lucknow
- Tech (Biotechnology)- Integral University, Lucknow
Area of Specialization:
- Animal Toxicology
- Cell Cytotoxicity
Total Experience: 11 years (4 years corporate & 7 years of research and academic experience)
Experience (Research Experience):
- Ph.D. Research Experience
- Project Assistant in DBT-funded research project
- Protein quantification and estimation: “Evaluation of the Quality of protein exposed to different conditions through physicochemical methods”
- Immunotoxicity:“To see the effects if Tributyltin on Rat Thymocytes”
- Genotoxicity: “in-vivo Genotoxic effects of pesticides and Neem oil in rat and mice”
Area of Interest:
- Cell line culture, maintenance and toxicity
- Instrumentation and techniques in biotechnology
- Quality assurance/control
- Poster Presentation- Ankita Raizada , V. P. Kesari and V. Ram (16 th to 17 th September, 2016): “Studies on genotoxic and mutagenic potential of commonly used synthetic, natural and herbal pesticide formulations in animal models”. National Conference on Chemistry and Life, Allahabad.
- Poster Presentation- Ankita Saxena , Shubhi Mehrotra, Shoma Paul Nandi (18 th – 19 th , March, 2017): “Screening of the medicinal plants effective against Helicobacter pylori and to find a herbal remedy to it”. UGC-SAP sponsored National Seminar on BIOTECHNOLOGY IN HEALTHCARE: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES. Organized by Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi.
- Oral Presentation- Ankita Saxena , Asish Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Shoma Paul Nandi (30-01 to 02-02, 2019): “Antibacterial activity of Neem against nosocomial pathogens”. International Conference on Advances in Biosciences and Biotechnology (ICABB 2019), organized by JayPee Institute of Information Technology, Noida ( 2 nd Prize ).
- Poster presentation- Ankita Saxena , Asish Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Shoma Paul Nandi (18 th – 20 th November, 2021): “Role of Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves in combating Helicobacter pylori infection and being harmless to selected probiotics”. Biospectrum 2021, organized by Department of Biotechnology, University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata.
- Poster Presentation- Ankita Saxena , Asish Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Shoma Paul Nandi (21 st – 22 nd January, 2022): Antibacterial property of Azadirachta indica leaves against Vibrio cholera without harming the gut microbiome”. EWASH 2021, organized by Save The Environment and Hindu College, New Delhi.
- Certificate of Internal Auditor on successful completion of (NABL) ISO/IEC 17025 training at STQC (ERTL(N) , Government of India ), Noida.
- An Animal Ethics member appointed by CPCSEA , Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying Government of India. Appointed as CPCSEA animal ethics member of various colleges and Universities in and across Delhi-NCR.
- Life time member of L aboratory A nimal S cience A ssociation of I ndia (LASAI)
- Received GLP Certificate on “Introduction to GLP” (8 th May, 2015) at IIRT, Ghaziabad
- Attended a workshop on “Biosafety preparedness for handling potential biohazardous material in laboratory setting” (7 th to 8 th November, 2016).
- Received a certificate by DST on "Sensitization workshop on GLP for students and Researchers" (18 th November, 2021) at Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
- Received a certificate on “Bio-waste Management” by MediCare, Ghaziabad.
- Ankita Raizada (nee Saxena) and V.P.Kesari (2016): “Lack of Genotoxic Potential of Pesticides, Imidacloprid, Spinosad, Neem Oil in mice” Journal of Environmental Biology. 37(2): 291-295.
- Ankita Saxena , Asish Kumar Mukhopadhyay and Shoma Paul Nandi (2020): “ Helicobacter pylori : perturbation and restoration of gut microbiome”. Journal of Biosciences. 45(110): 2-15; DOI: 10.1007/s12038-020-00078-7.
- Ankita Saxena , Ashis Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Shoma Paul Nandi (2020). “Antibacterial activity of selected plants extract against pathogenic bacteria and detection of phytochemicals”. Journal of Environmental Biology. 41(6): 1486-1492.
- Ankita Saxena , Preeti Arivaradarajan, Ashis Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Shoma Paul Nandi (2021): “Bactericidal effect of Neem ( Azadirachta indica ) leaf extract on Helicobacter pylori ”. Journal of Environmental Biology. 42(6): 1591-1597.
‘A POLYHERBAL FORMULATION EFFECTIVE AGAINST HELICOBACTER PYLORI AND METHOD THERE OF’ (2022).