Noida International University, an Autonomous body recognized under section 2(f) of the UGC, Ministry of Education Govt. of India, was established in the year 2010.
In pursuance of the National action plan of the NAAC for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation IQAC of the University has been setup in the year 2018.
University aims to ensure that the teaching practices are at a high standard and continually improving. The University aims at enhancing and ensuring the quality of education at the University, in terms of its performance related to the educational processes and outcomes, covering the curriculum, teaching-learning, evaluation, faculty, research, infrastructure, learning resources, organization, governance, financial well being and student services. The overall quality measuring components focused for enhancement are depicted the diagram.
IQAC is involved in systematic implementation of quality enhancement procedures/criteria to attain improved levels of international compatibility and competitiveness at institutional and program level. The enhancement of these qualities involves continuous monitoring, evaluation, revision and implementation of various academic and administrative procedures. This is broadly implemented at three different levels.
Three levels of quality enhancement
The University focuses on the monitoring and improvement of quality at three levels i.e. institutional, national and international.
- The University has clearly defined Vision and Mission. At Institutional level quality enhancement is taken care through academics, Research, curricular and extracurricular activities, feedbacks, administration, welfare facilities, examination, collaborations’ etc focusing towards our vision.
- At National level, it is done through assessment and accreditations from National bodies like NAAC, NIRF, NBA, QCI, NABH etc. A market driven approach is also used for ranking surveys etc.
- At International level, quality enhancement is achieved by organizing summer internships at various foreign Universities. The University also encourages faculty and student exchange programs. There are number of international collaborations with organizations of repute to facilitate global exposure and competency. The university also aims at achieving high ratings at International level ranking.
Quality Assurance Channels
The factors of quality measure are assessed through different channels. The monitoring of various quality parameters and review is an essential part to ensure quality. A continuous review and analysis of these measures is done through various channels. A system is established to gather the views for the overall enhancement. The channels of quality assurance involve Students feedbacks, faculty views on course reviews, external examiners, parents’ teachers’ meetings, industry feedbacks, employer’s feedbacks, alumni’s feedback etc.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.