Noida International University is established by U.P. LEGISLATURE ACT NO. 27 OF 2010 and under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. A world Class University sponsored by the Maruti Educational Trust. The lush green campus of 75 acres with its uniquely designed architecture stands out as an infrastructure. The campus is strategically located near the Yamuna Expressway educational hub in Gautam Budh Nagar, Greater Noida. The University through its 12 schools is offering various multi-disciplinary programmes in varied streams of Engineering, Management, Law, Medical and Social Sciences. The students from more than 54 Nations place faith in the educational curriculum of the University. The Petals leading towards a star is an embodiment of the University cherished mission to provide education beyond the boundaries and to felicitate the students and faculty to achieve pinnacles of success throughout the world.
NIU also has a 350+ bedded Hospital and a Medical College named Noida International Institute of Medical Sciences (NIIMS). NIIMS is a Centre of Excellence which endeavors to develop a unique pedagogy for medical education. NIIMS’s greater focus lies on the pragmatic approach of learning that lets a student explore the deeper nuances of medical education.
Noida International University is committed to the participatory governance principles, designed to guide decision-making supporting the institution’s vision and mission. Our governance ideals are expressed in our vision, mission and objectives, quality policies and core values. NIU’s strategic plan reflects the University’s objectives and encompasses our vision, institutional priorities and the strategic actions required to succeed.
“To be a global Centre of learning, Innovation, Professionalism and Academic Excellence Tempered with values and Ethics”
- To create a vibrant environment conducive to passionate learning and original thinking.
- Interaction with academia and industry to promote quality research and pathbreaking innovations.
- To nurture world class human resources in all domain for positive and meaningful services to the nation and society.
- To inculcate the highest level of integrity, strong character and commitment in nation building to serve mankind through providing quality education and healthcare services to the society
Our objectives are to have an international outlook at the heart of everything we do and we have identified a set of overarching institutional objectives that will help us focus on the practical steps needed to achieve our goals and to establish the University in the global top positions. The university is governed keeping in mind the following objectives as stated in section 6 of the First Statutes of the university and shared below:
- To establish the Main Campus of the University in Gautam Buddha Nagar and its Campuses/Institutions/Schools/Colleges/Centres within the State of Uttar Pradesh.
- To run academic programmes leading to degrees, diplomas, certificates and other recognitions.
- To develop selected academic Departments/Centres /Schools as Centres of Excellence.
- To run academic programmes in distance education mode and correspondence courses supplemented by student Support services.
- To develop and maintain relationship with leading academic and other Institutions in India and abroad for education , training and research and distance learning programmes;
- To make twinning arrangements with leading educational Institutions in other countries for collaborative education programmes;
- To confer degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions on the basis of examinations, evaluation or any other method of testing as approved by the Academic Council, on
1. Persons who have pursued a course of study of the University; 2. Persons who are not the members of the University or its Constituent Units, but appear and pass the examinations or qualify through other evaluation/testingprocess of the University as may be specified from time to time. 3. Persons, who are not the members of the University but have successfully completed the requirements of academic programmes of the Institutions of the Foundation and qualified, under special circumstances, as a onetime measure, on the recommendations of the Examination Committee.
- To develop linkages with the industry, institutions and other organizations for fulfilment of the objects of the University.
- To conduct innovative experiments in new methods and education technology in the field of higher education in order to achieve international standards of education, training and research.
- To admit students laterally into a course, if they fulfil the academic requirements as prescribed in the Regulations, on the recommendation of the Academic Council and on the approval of the University Authorities.
- To establish campuses/Centres outside the State of Uttar Pradesh and abroad subject to applicable laws.
core values of the university are understood as majorly code of conduct, integrity, quality, innovation, specialization, respect and results. Our core values serve to guide our actions and describe how we behave in the world. NIU and its employees commit to the stated core values.
1. Progression towards national development
2. Fostering healthy competition among students
3. Commitment to academic excellence
4. Inculcating value system and secular outlook
5. Building strong character and competence
6. Creating effective leadership
7. Nurturing talents and young minds
8. Contributing towards innovative researches