Pharmacy is a subject which deals with the techniques of preparing and dispensing drugs. Pharmacy degrees teach students how different types of drugs affect the human body and mind and how they interact when mixed together. So, in order to successfully study Pharmacy, you’ll have to make Chemistry your friend.
Pharmacy studies will involve spending time in laboratories, researching and learning about the chemistry used to develop medication. Some of the courses covered by this degree consist of: Pharmaceutics, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, and Pharmacy Practice.
Students will learn about the fundamentals of pharmaceutical sciences. They will gain knowledge from related fields, such as Medicine, Chemistry, Biology, and even Ethics. During the final years of study, the approach will shift from theory towards practice. You will also have to do an individual research project and present your findings.
NIU School of pharmacy offers Diploma, UG programmes in Pharmacy with dedicated and well qualified faculty members who give a complete insight from designing of a drug to creating new drug therapies. The classrooms are well lit and equipped with audio video teaching aids for effective teaching learning process. The School of Pharmacy has state-of-the-art-laboratories that are supported by trained Lab technicians where students perform practical under the supervision of experienced faculty members. To keep up with the Industrial expectations, has collaborated with several reputed Organizations that are benefitting students via research projects, guest lecturers as well as employability.
Dear all Aspirants,
“Our goal is to change world through education”
First of all I congratulate and welcome the budding Pharmacists in our College and their entry in to the world of a prosperous career. Our aim is not only to produce pharmacy graduates but also to mould an ideal Pharmacy professional who can cater the needs of society and the challenging Pharmacy profession. Our college is provided with the state of the art facilities, young dynamic and meritorious faculty, well-furnished and equipped laboratories with modern instruments, excellent library, and computer lab with latest configuration of computers with Internet facility.
NIU School of Pharmacy is committed to render value based quality Pharmaceutical Education, following innovation in teaching and learning methods. Emphasis is given to personality development, by conducting soft skill training, career orientation programs, etc. Our faculties are qualified, passionate professionals who can understand the young minds. Students are encouraged to participate in conferences, workshops and developmental programs. The advancement and globalization in the pharmaceutical sector have created a vast scope for qualified pharmacists in Pharma Industries, Academics, R and D, Marketing and Management, Hospitals, Clinical Research, Government agencies, etc.
“An investment in education pays best dividend” I look forward to welcome you in School of
Pharmacy NIU family.
Prof (Dr.) SAMEER KUMAR
M.Pharm. PhD. GATE
Details / Syllabus
Duration: 4 years full time Degree course in pharmacy.
Approved intake: 60
Qualification for admission in 1" year : 10+2 with PCM/PCB Subjects minimum 50% marks from a recongnized education board or through counseling from UniversityRANCE TEST NIU Uttar Pradesh,
- 10+2 with PCM/PCB subjects
- Minium 50% marks 3 subjects (PCM/PCB) from a recognized education board & 40% for SC/ST or through UPSEE.
Qualification for admission in 2" year (Lateral Entry): D.Pharm with minium aggregate of 45% for general & OBC and 40% for SC/ST
- production and manufacturing
- Formulation development
- Quality assurance and Quality control
- Drug regulatory affairs
- Research and development
- Hospital pharmacy
- Drug Inspectors
- Drug Controllers
- Lecturer for D.Pharm Colleges
- Medical representative
- Marketing Managers or a Sales Manager
Pharmacy is a branch of science which deals with the study of discovering, producing, preparing, dispensing, and reviewing drugs, aiming to ensure the safe, effective, and affordable use of drugs. Those who have completed their course of study in this field are known as pharmacists. There are many types of pharmacy like Community Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy, Compounding Pharmacy, Consulting Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Regulatory Pharmacy, Homecare Pharmacy, and so on. Pharmacy technicians support the work of pharmacists and other health professionals by performing a variety of pharmacy-related functions, including dispensing prescription drugs and other medical devices to patients and instructing on their use.
Duration: 2 Year full time Dipoma course in Pharmacy
Approved intake : 60
Qualification: 10+2 with PCM/PCB Subjects minimum 50% marks from a recongnized education board or through counseling from UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST NIU.
D Pharm certificate holders can immediately start working as pharmacists in India. Drug stores are everywhere ranging from government hospitals, community health centers and private hospitals. They can also choose to open their own drug store. If you have good aptitude and interpersonal skills and have a desire to help others you can choose Pharmacy as your career. Pharmacists are vital for the primary health care system all around the world. The minimum requirement to become a registered pharmacist in India is Diploma in pharmacy (D.Pharm).
- Safe and accurate processing of prescriptions.
- Dispensing and compounding of medicines.
- Accurate record keeping as required under Food and Drug Act.
- Purchasing, Merchandising and Inventory control.
- Third party billing.
- Drug approval processes.
- Narcotics control.
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence (laws regulating the profession of pharmacy).
- Regulatory requirements involving testing, screening and clinical trials of drugs.
- Computer processing.
- Patient provider relationships.
There are many opportunities after completion of D.Pharma course:
- You can get job at drug stores of private or government hospitals.
- You can work in health clinics, NGOs, community health centres by checking the prescriptions, dispensing medicines and give them advice and directions.
- You may get entry level jobs in pharmaceutical companies at various divisions like Process Control, Manufacturing and Quality Control.
- You can also work as Medical Representative.
- If you have entrepreneurial spirit, you can open your own retail pharmacy outlet, wholesale business or surgical items shop.
To further enhance your chances of success you can pursue further studies:
- If you have found your calling and passion in pharmaceutical studies, you can go for bachelor’s degree in pharmacy. In case you have already done D.Pharm you can directly apply for 2nd year of B.Pharm Thereafter, you can also pursue postgraduate degrees.
- Another interesting future for your career can be degree in Law after D.Pharma Many pharmaceutical companies hire Litigation and IPR (Intellectual property) lawyers.