Dr. Lomas Tomar (Dean)
PhD ( IITD )
Dr. Lomas Kumar Tomar is Dean, School of Sciences at Noida International University, Uttar Pradesh, India. He is also appointed as Honorary Clinical Fellow, at National University of Ireland, Ireland. Before joining NIU, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow, with Prof. Viness Pillay(NRF Research Chair in Pharmaceutical Biomaterials & Polymer -Engineered Drug Delivery Technologies) as host, in the Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. He completed his PhD from Centre for Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
His research arena focusses on developing medical devices, nanoformulations, stimuli responsive polymers, controlled drug delivery systems, biomaterials, scaffolds designing and tailoring, cellular toxicity studies and statistical optimization of the formulations for different biomedical applications. His research work led to 39 publications in international peer-reviewed journals, 3 book chapters, 18 scientific presentations at International Conferences and 1 book. Dr. Tomar received a couple of awards for his presentations at International platform. He is academic editor of two international journals, member of a couple of scientific societies and frequently called upon as a reviewer for numerous International Scientific Journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings. Dr. Tomar is also the recipient of individual research grant and a co-investigator in long term research project funding
13 Years (Research and Teaching)
PhD, Biomedical Engineering
Award & Recognition
- Conference on Translational (Engineering) and Regenerative Medicine dated 21-23rd January 2020: funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- Conference on Translational (Engineering) and Regenerative Medicine dated 21-23rd January 2020: funded by SERB, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) grant for the project ‘Drug-Loaded Nanomicelles Conjugated to Mucin Antibodies for Direct Targeting of Ovarian Cancer Cells Expressing Mucin Antigens’,2014-2017 (Co-worker).
- Faculty Research Committee Individual Research Grant 2014, Faculty of Health Sciences, WITS University.
- Faculty Research Committee Individual Research Grant 2013, Faculty of Health Sciences, WITS University.
- Travel Grant from FRC for 2013 5th International Conference on Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering (ICBEE 2013), New Delhi, India.
- Travel Grant from University Research Office for International Conference on Health, Environment and Industrial Biotechnology, Allahabad, India.
- Best Teaching Faculty Award for session 2019-2020, School of Sciences, Noida International University, Noida, India
- Best Oral Presentation Award at International Conference on Health, Environment and Industrial Biotechnology, Nov. 21-23, 2013, MNIT Allahabad, India
- Young Investigator Award at International Conference on Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Sep. 2012, New Delhi, India.
- NRF Grant Holder linked Postdoctoral Fellowship: South African Research Chair initiative in 2012-2014.
- Best Project of IIT, Delhi :Bioactive Room Temperature Stable ABO Blood Grouping Card: at I2 Tech 2005 Open House organized at IITD, 23 Apr’05.
- Best Poster Award in BIOHORIZON 2005 organized by Biochemical Engineering and Technologists Association (BETA) at I.I.T, Delhi, India.
- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by ICAR, Govt. of India, 2005.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC, India) C certificate with B Grade, 1997.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC, India) B certificate with B Grade, 1996.
- 39 publications
- 3 book chapters,
- 18 scientific presentations at International Conferences
- 1 book.
Area of Interest
Biomaterials, Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering