Dr. Sumit Mahajan
Assistant Professor (M.E)
Noida International University
Sector-17 A, Yamuna Expressway, Gautam Budha Nagar, UP.
Phone: (+91) 9463360993; 9588256141
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
FIELDS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Dissimilar metal welding
- Hot corrosion
- Welding consumable development
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering (CGPA 8.00) July 2015 – July 2020
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
- Tech., Cad/Cam & Robotics (CGPA 7.54) July 2009 - July 2011
- Thapar University Patiala Punjab, India
- Ø Assistant Professor, (M.E) Lovely Professional University Jalandhar, Punjab (July 2011- 2015)
- Ø Faculty on contract, (M.E) Gautam Buddha University Greater Noida (Nov 2020 to Jun 2022)
- Ø Assistant Professor, (ME) IIMT Group of Colleges, Greater Noida (Aug 2022 to Oct 2023)
- Ø Assistant Professor, (ME) Noida International University Greater Noida (Oct 2023 to Present)
Total Publications: 23, h-index: 9, i-10-index: 9, Total Citation: 301
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8POyzHkAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sumit_Mahajan6
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL PAPERS
- V. Kumar, R. Chhibber, S. Mahajan . 2023, Investigations on wetting and structural behavior using CaF 2 -SiO 2 -CaO-22.5%TiO 2 SMAW electrode coating for AUSC applications. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Pt. L J. Mater. Des. Appl. 237(8):1861-1873 (I.F – 2.4)
- S. Mahajan, R. Chhibber, L. Sharma. 2022, Effect of CaO-CaF 2 -SiO 2 -Al 2 O 3 based electrode coating constituents and their interactions on the P22 alloy SMAW dissimilar weld metal delta quantities . Silicon, 14, 12315–12327. (I.F – 3.4)
- F. Khan, S. Mahajan*, W.N. Khan, R. Chhibber. 2021 , Mechanical, Microstructural and Hot corrosion investigations on the P22/P91 TIG welded dissimilar weld. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Pt. L J. Mater. Des. Appl . 235 (9): 2128-2141. (I.F – 2.4)
- S. Mahajan , W.N. Khan, R. Chhibber . 2021 , CaO–CaF 2 –SiO 2 –Al 2 O 3 system for development of SMAW electrodes with Ni alloy core wire. Ceramics International. 47 (12): 17307-17315. (IF – 5.2).
- W.N. Khan, S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber. 2021 , Investigations on reformed austenite in the microstructure of dissimilar super duplex/pipeline steel weld. Materials Letters, 285: 129109. (IF – 3)
- S. Mahajan , S. Sharna, D. Goyal, R. Chhibber. 2021; Effect of shot peening on the high temperature molten salt corrosion resistance of P91 boiler steel. Mater. Today. 41(4): 801-804.
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2020, High temperature molten salt corrosion investigations on P22/P91 Power Plant Dissimilar Welds fabricated using laboratory developed SMAW electrodes, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Pt. E J. Engg. Manuf. 235(2): 440-451. (I.F – 2.4)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2020, Investigations on CaO-CaF 2 -SiO 2 -Al 2 O 3 flux system-based SMAW electrodes for P22/P91 dissimilar welds. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. Pt. L J. Mater. Des. Appl. 234(10): 1313-1324. (I.F 2.4)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2020, Elevated Temperature molten salt corrosion study of SS304L austenitic boiler steel. Sadhana-Acad. P. Eng. S. 45, 199. (I.F – 1.6)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2020, Investigations on dissimilar welding of P91/SS304L using Nickel-based electrodes, Materials and Manufacturing Processes . 35(9): 1010-1023 . (I.F–4.8)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2020 , High-Temperature Wettability Investigations on Laboratory-Developed CaO-CaF2-SiO2 -Al2O3 Flux System-Based Welding Electrode Coatings for Power Plant Applications, Silicon , 12 , 2741–2753. (I.F – 3.4)
- L. Sharma, S. Mahajan: 2020, Effect of saw basicity index on the mechanical behaviour of low carbon steel welds, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development , 10, 268–278.
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2019 , Investigation on slags of CaO-CaF2 -SiO2 -Al2O3 based Electrode Coatings developed for Power Plant Welds, Ceramics International , 46 (7), 8774-8786. (IF – 5.2)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2019 , Design and development of CaO–SiO2–CaF2 and CaO-SiO2–Al2O3 based electrode coatings to weld low alloy ferritic steels for power plant applications, Ceramics International , 45(18(A)):24154-24167. (IF – 5.2)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2019 , Hot Corrosion Study of 9Cr–1Mo Boiler Steel Exposed to Different Molten Salt Mixtures, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 72(9):2329-2348. (IF – 1.6)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2019 , Design and Development of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Electrode Coatings Using a CaO-CaF2-SiO2 and CaO-SiO2-Al2O3 Flux System, JOM , 71(7):2435-2444. (IF – 2.6)
- S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber: 2019 , Hot corrosion studies of boiler steels exposed to different molten salt mixtures at 950 °C, Engineering Failure Analysis, 99:210-224. (IF – 4)
- S. Mahajan , L. Sharma, M.S. Rayat, R. Singh: 2020 , Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Multiwall Carbon Nanotube-Based Nanocomposites. In: Prakash C., Singh S., Krolczyk G., Pabla B. (eds) Advances in Materials Science and Engineering . Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore.
- D. Jain, A. Gupta, S. Mahajan, 2021: The self-healing investigations on fiber-reinforced polymer composites through a novel compartmented microcapillary approach,
Polymers and Polymer Composites, 29(9): S65-S73 . (IF – 2.1)
- S. Puggal, S. Mahajan , S.D. Sharma, N. Singh, 2015, Evaluation of mechanical properties of polymer-clay nanocomposites subjected to different environmental conditions, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 10(9):22069-22076.
- S. Puggal, S. Mahajan , N. Dhall, 2014, A study on glass fiber reinforced polymer-clay nanocomposites with sandwich structure, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology , 03(7): 194-198.
- B. Sharma, S. Mahajan , R. Chhibber, R. Mehta , 2014 , Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer-Clay Nanocomposites: Processing, Structure and Hygrothermal Effects on Mechanical Properties, Procedia Chemistry , 4: 39-46.
PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- S. Mahajan , S. Sharma, D. Goyal, R. Chhibber, 2019, Effect of shot peening on the high temperature molten salt corrosion resistance of P91 boiler steel, 7th International Conference on Advancement and Futuristic Trends in Mechanical and Materials Engineering [AFTMME 2019] At: Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab, India.
REVIEWER OF JOURNALS
- Engineering Failure Analysis (Elsevier)
- Ships and Offshore Structures (T&F)
- IMechE Part B: J. Eng. Manuf.
- International Journal of Occupational Health (Willey)
- Silicon (Springer)
- Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology
- IMechE Part E: J. Process. Mech. Eng
- Best poster presentation award (Industry day, held at IIT Jodhpur) January 2020
PROJECTS/TRAININGS AND SHORT COURSES ATTENDED
- Fabrication of down draft wood gasifier as major project during B. Tech (Mechanical)
- Fabrication of Pick and place operation robot as a minor project in M.E (Cad/Cam and robotics)
- 6 weeks and 6 months Industrial training at Sawaraj Engine limited Mohali during B.Tech.
- 6 weeks certified course on Autocad from Autodesk Chandigarh (2007).
- 8 weeks certified course on Pro-e from Autodesk Chandigarh (2008).
- Attended a 4-day faculty development program on Ansys. (2014)
- A short course on Advanced Mechanical Surface Characterization at Anton Paar India Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon (27 th – 28 th July 2017).