Prof. (Dr.) Supriya Awasthi
Head & Professor - School of Allied Health Sciences (SOAHS)
Dept. of Physiotherapy
Head & Professor
14 years of clinical, teaching administrative and research experience.
BPT, MPT Orthopedics, PhD
Area of Interest
Student welfare, teaching & Training, evidence bases research
Skill sets & Expertise
- Ability to create new educational programs and monitor educational statistics relevant to program efficacy and outcomes.
- Ability to understand and assimilate current educational and workforce development literature.
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of Health staff, both clinical and non-clinical, staff and leaders of community organizations and academic administration for colleges and universities.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and integrate complex program curriculum and evaluate efficacy.
- Ability to teach to a variety of learners and abilities.
- Ability to evaluate and identify current and future health care workforce needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated innovative approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively across various disciplines.
Research and Publications
• Published over 20 scopus indexed articles in national & international impact factor journals
Awards and Recognitions
- Academic Excellence Award at 3rd International Physiotherapy Conference and World Physiotherapy Congress Udaipur 2019.
- Significant Contribution Award at First National Sports Physiotherapy Conference, October 2018.
- Served as Deputy Controller of Examination for School of Allied Health Sciences. Have 6 copyrights patents filled to her credit.
- Written book chapters (Springer publications). Editor, reviewer, editorial member and external examiner for various organizations.
- Organizing chairperson, secretary and convener for several institutions with international and national conferences, workshops and webinars.
Annual Member of American College of Sports Medicine