Name of the Event: Industrial Visit 2023 Under Industry Academia Collaboration
Venue: B.L Lifesciences, Ecotek 2, Greater Noida
Organized By: School of Pharmacy, Noida International University.
School of Pharmacy, Noida International University organized an industrial visit on 6/10/2023 for B. Pharm and D. Pharm 1 st year students to B.L Lifesciences, Ecotech 2, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
The objective of this industrial visit was to acquaint the students that what is a Medical Devices Industry In this regard, the industrial visit of B. Pharm 1 st year students was conducted under supervision of Dr. Sameer Rastogi (Dean, School of Pharmacy), Mr. Abhishek Sharma, and Mr. Raju Singh.
This visit is universally regarded as a vital component of pharmacy education and is an indicator of the extent of industry –institute interaction, which is very essential to correlate the theoretical Knowledge with Practical Knowledge and important for the growth of industry as well as for attaining excellence in technical education.
BL Lifesciences is a leading medical devices manufacturer and distributor, dedicated in the provision of innovative products across the medical sciences. BL Lifesciences is part of the nearly 80-year-old BL group of family companies, with decades of experience in all manner of medical device manufacturing and distribution. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, and with 11 offices across the country alongside an international office in Singapore,
BL Lifesciences historically specializes in the areas of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Critical Care, Interventional Cardiology, Dialysis and Respiratory Care, and Blood Banking, but with a constantly diversifying portfolio to remain in the forefront of the global medical industry.
Ms. Nonita Kawatra (DIRECTOR) addressed the students and gave brief introduction about B.L Lifesciences . The company was established in 1999 . Mr. Sunil Aggarwal, Mr. Ajay Aggarwal are the directors of B.L Lifesciences Private Limited. The registered office of the company is situated in New Delhi and many representative offices are established in national regions to give Feedback and fast service to our customers.
The manufacturing and assembling plant and administrative office is located at Greater Noida, outskirts of New Delhi. A production area of 10,000 square meters with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, the overall turnover of the company is about 200 crores.
The company manufacturing facilities in Greater Noida offer top-notch facilities that research, manufacture, assemble, package, and sterilise both components and completed goods that are shipped throughout the world. They contain 4 cutting-edge Class 10,000 clean rooms. With 3 elite world-class facilities the manufacturing units located in Greater Noida are the best in the country. The company state-of-the-art clean rooms have been meticulously designed, keeping all process efficiency and quality assurance protocols in mind and with a focus on production quality and reliability. With a team of 200+ operators and 50+ support and functional staff, our manufacturing team is fully equipped to handle any design, manufacturing, quality or procurement challenge posed.
ASSEMBLY AND PACKGING
There are facilities over 2 large size clean rooms over a total built area of about 64000 sq ft and the warehouse area is about 28000 sq ft. there is in house ETO sterilization facility and a well-developed Microbiology lab.
COMPONENT MANUFACTURING FACILITY
There are facilities with Injection Moulding Facility from 50-260 tons and 200+ moulds. There is also a facility of thermoforming and blow moulding, with a facility of fully integrated tool room.
This visit of pharmacy students will let them know about the importance of Medical Devices they would also about the different opportunities in Medical devices companies and the role of Medical devices in the field of Pharmacy Medical devices play a crucial role in the field of pharmacy for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the key aspects highlighting their importance:
- Diagnosis and Monitoring: Medical devices, such as blood pressure monitors, glucometers, and pulse oximeters, are used to diagnose and monitor various medical conditions. Pharmacists often assist patients in using these devices correctly and interpreting the results, helping to manage chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
- Medication Administration: Pharmacists work closely with medical devices such as nebulizers, inhalers, and insulin pumps, which are essential for administering medications. They provide guidance to patients on how to use these devices effectively, ensuring that medications are delivered correctly and safely.
- Compounding: In compounding pharmacies, specialized medical devices, like electronic mortar and pestle systems, play a vital role in the preparation of customized medications, ensuring precision and consistency in drug formulations.
- Medication Management: Medication management tools, including pill organizers, blister packaging systems, and medication reminder devices, help patients adhere to their prescribed medication regimens. Pharmacists may recommend and provide these tools to enhance patient compliance.
- Quality Control: Pharmacists are responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of pharmaceutical products. Medical devices, such as analytical equipment and drug testing devices, are used to assess the purity, potency, and safety of medications, helping pharmacists maintain high standards in their practice.
- Patient Education: Pharmacists often educate patients about medical devices, explaining their usage, maintenance, and safety precautions. This is particularly important for devices like insulin pens, which require proper handling and disposal.
- Home Healthcare: As the trend towards home healthcare and telemedicine continues to grow, pharmacists are increasingly involved in recommending and assisting with the use of medical devices for remote patient monitoring and self-care.
- Regulatory Compliance: Pharmacies must adhere to regulatory requirements related to the storage and handling of medical devices. Pharmacists are responsible for ensuring compliance with these regulations to maintain patient safety and avoid legal issues.
- Specialized Pharmacy Services: In specialized pharmacy settings, such as compounding or nuclear pharmacy, specific medical devices are essential for the preparation, handling, and administration of medications. Pharmacists in these fields rely on a range of specialized equipment and devices.
- Research and Development: In the pharmaceutical industry, researchers and pharmacists use various medical devices in drug development and clinical trials. These devices can include imaging equipment, laboratory analyzers, and monitoring devices to assess the efficacy and safety of new drugs.
Vote of Thanks
Dr. Sameer Rastogi, Dean SoP, NIU felicitated the Director Madam, General Manager and HR with Memento and thanked the entire team for hosting School of Pharmacy, NIU so well.
Mr. Abhishek Sharma and Mr. Raju Singh also thanked Director Madam, General Manager and HR Madam for accommodating our visit so smoothly and answering queries of students so generously.