ABOUT Centre For Research Studies
The Centre for Research Studies (CRS) is the University’s research umbrella committed to cutting-edge research with state-of-the-art research facilities and academic-industry partnerships. The University encourages multidisciplinary research projects of applied nature that could be translated into an intellectual property of direct significance to the country with further potential to be rolled out as a novel technology/product for the service to humanity.
University holds the research as its integral and intensive part with substantial innovative research being undertaken within and across its many departments and schools. The centre constantly thrives at creating an interactive environment amongst the various schools of the University in its pursuit for fuelling interdisciplinary research by generating novel ideas. In an endeavour to carry forward the research impetus of the University. To further broaden the horizon for research and collaboration, CRS works towards bridging gaps between NIU researchers and other co-visionary research groups/units within India and overseas by organizing seminars, conferences and webinars.
CRS ensures support to its researchers through all phases of research including identification of thrust areas of research and approaching it with innovative ideas through strategic research plan and vibrant research collaboration for stepwise translation of the research to industrial partners and establishing know-how. Additionally, the centre, in promoting a sense of ownership within researchers encourages and guide them in generating extramural research funding. NIU is proudly visible on the portals of government funding agencies like DST, SERB, DBT, ICSSR, DARPAN, to name a few.
An overview of CRS functioning
- Review and implementation of University research and promotion policies as per the recommendation of University Research Committee (URC).
- Recommendation for seed funds and consumable grants as intramural support to the researchers.
- Strengthen the academia-industry partnership.
- Ascertain that the University’s thrust areas of research are well aligned with global challenges.
- Institutional Ethical Committee ensures the welfare of human subjects.
- Intellectual Property Rights policy to protect research novelty and support patent filling.
- Consultancy management through University consultancy and revenue sharing policy.
- Support for conference presentation and travel.
- Professional development assistance.
- Training and guidance for writing competitive grant proposals to generate extramurally sponsored research.
- Workshops for writing peer reviewed research paper for journal of international repute.
- Ensure plagiarism-free standard ethics in publication check through the original software, as UGC guidelines.
Requirements for the Award of Ph.D. Degree/MSP Certificate
Ref.No. : CRS/2018/016 Dated: 12th Oct 2018
Ph.D Degree Awarded
Notice-Ref. No: CRS/2018/014
M.Phil / Ph.D Ordinance January 2019
Format of Ph. D. Progress Report
Ref.No. : CRS / 2018 / 017 Dated:12 th Oct 2018
M.Phil. Degree Awarded
Notice-Rf. No : CRS/2018/015
Year Book 2017-18
CRS Year Book 2017-2018
- FACULTY PROFILE